SP25M SCANNING PROBE SYSTEM
SP25M + modulesThe SP25M comprises two sensors in a single housing. Users can switch between a choice of five scanning modules (which can carry M3 styli with lengths from 20 mm to 400 mm) and an adaptor module that is compatible with Renishaw’s TP20 range of probe modules. This capability enables scanning and touch-trigger probing in a single probe system.
The SP25M’s compact size and autojoint mounting makes it compatible with the PH10M PLUS/PH10MQ PLUS and PH6M probe heads. It can also be mounted on a multiwired extension bar. Together, these combinations permit excellent reach and access to part features.
Features and benefits
- World’s smallest scanning probe at only 25 mm in diameter
- A range of FCR25 module changing systems, each of which allows any of the
- SP25M system elements to be stored in each port. SM25 scanning modules and the TM25-20 TTP module adaptor can be docked directly into the FCR25 ports
- SH25 scanning stylus holders require a PA25-SH adaptor
- TP20 modules can be stored
- Excellent metrology – isolated optical sensing and 3rd order polynomial compensation
- Five modules provide optimal performance across a range of stylus lengths (up to 400 mm)
- Two sensors in one – scanning and touch-trigger
- Crash protection and simple stylus changing
- Fast and simple probe calibration cycle
- Ideal for profile and form measurement
- Suitable for use on motorised indexing heads for greater flexibility and shorter scanning cycle times
- Simple and robust design for greater reliability – no motors or locking mechanisms
Mounting Multiwired autojoint – compatible with PH10M PLUS, PH10MQ PLUS and PH6M probe heads and extension bars, and ACR1/3 sensor changers Suitable interface Either: UCC controller
Or: AC3 PC interface card for machines not fitted with the UCC controller
3-axis analogue measurement (X, Y, Z)
Pivoting motion in XY plane with translation in Z direction
For SM25-5: Plane translation in all 3 axes XYZ
±0.5 mm (±0.02 in) in X, Y and Z
For SM25-5: ±0.3 mm
±2.0 mm (±0.08 in) in X and Y
1.7 mm (0.07 in) in +Z
1.2 mm (0.07 in) in –Z
±X, ±Y = 0.95 mm (0.037 in)
+Z = 1.0 mm (0.039 in)
-Z = 1.1 mm (0.043 in)
Crash protection: X, Y, –Z – break-off of either module or stylus holder
+Z – integral bump-stop design
Resolution < 0.1 µm (0.000004 in) with either UCC2 daughtercard or AC3 interface card Spring rate 0.2 N/mm to 0.6 N/mm nominal dependent on stylus length Damping
Single viscous fluid damper
For SM25-5: Two viscous fluid dampers
Power supply +12 V (±5%), –12 V (+10% / –8%), +5 V (+10% / –13%) DC at probe Outputs (X,Y,Z)
Non-linear and non-orthogonal analogue outputs – rate, gain and resolution are not fixed
SP25M requires that a non-linear, third-order polynomial calibration method is used.
Stylus range M3
SP25M modules and stylus holders
A range of module kits allows SP25M users to build up their probing capability over time.
Each SM25-# scanning module is optimised in terms of gain and spring rate to suit the range of stylus lengths specified. For every module, there is a matching SH25-# stylus holder.
The SH25-3 and SH25-4 stylus holders are constructed with a fixed carbon fibre stem to which an M3 stylus is mounted, selected to provide the correct working length.
While the SP25M can carry cranked (non straight) styli configurations when using SM25-1/2/3/4/5 scanning modules and the original standard stylus holders (SH25-1/2/3/4/5), for optimum metrology where larger offsets are required Renishaw recommends the new SH25-2A/3A/4A range of stylus holder, specifically designed to meet the challenges posed by such stylus arrangements.
|SM25-1 scanning module||SM25-2||SM25-3||SM25-4||SM25-5||TM25-20 TTP adaptor module|
|To be used with SH25-1
Stylus length: 20-50 mm
|To be used with SH25-2
Stylus length: 50-105 mm
|To be used with SH25-3
Stylus length: 120-200 mm
|To be used with SH25-4
Stylus length: 220-400 mm
|To be used with SH25-5
Stylus length: 50-150 mm
|To be used with TP20 touch-trigger modules and extensions.|
CMM Style: DCC
The SP25M system has 4 scanning modules that provide a variety of stylus length, plus one TP20 touch probe adapter module to perform standard data point capturing.
These modules also mount directly to the MH20 and MH20i indexing probe head without the use of the TP20 touch probe body.
|Body Length||Max Stylus Len.|
|SM25-1||26.25 mm||20 mm – 50 mm|
|SM25-2||33.85 mm||20 mm – 75 mm|
|SM25-3||48.05 mm||20 mm – 100 mm|
|SM25-4||63.05 mm||20 mm – 200 mm|
|SM25-20||16.95 mm||Module Dependent|
RTP20 Probe Head
(1) TP20 Standard Force Stylus Module
Plate Mounted Indexing Post
Starter Stylus Kit